IU's digital signage system is implemented using software from Poppulo [formerly known as Fourwinds Interactive]. Many tasks for managing digital signage are performed online. The digital signage hardware is typically a PC running a windows application called "Content Player". Smart TVs are also supported.
There are 3 key components of the system:
- Cloud portal. This is the main online portal for uploading and scheduling your content and remotely controlling and viewing your signs.
- Content Manager Web. This online application is used for deploying content to your signs. Sign managers also use this app for:
• Creating templates. Templates describe the layout of the display. Template regions define where content is positioned on the screen.
• Editing data feed layouts. Data feeds such as RSS, JSON and XML can be formatted and positioned on the screen in a graphically pleasing layout. (How to edit data layouts is covered in the advanced topics section.)
- Content Player. Content Player and the companion app Content Player Configuration is installed on the PC acting as digital sign by an IT professional in your unit/school or by general workstation IT support staff. The Content Player windows application receives content deployed by the sign manager remotely from the Content Manager Web application. IT Pros can follow this guide for instructions on software installation and activation.