Create a template in Content Manager Web
To create a template in Content Manager Web:
- From the
- In the Name field, give your template a descriptive name.
- In the "Size" field, enter the dimensions (width and height) which match the resolution of your display. Most modern flat panel displays use 1080p, for which you enter
- The default template color is black. To change the background color, click
- To use an image for the template background, click the Location/URL icon, and then make your selection.
- If you wish, add a Suggested Recurrence.
- To control how long one template plays before switching to the next template, use sequence regions to rotate between multiple templates or sign designs.
8. Click and save the template.
- None: Default, for when multiple templates aren't used.
- Name of an existing region: Select which region’s content is played to completion before the template is considered to be finished playing. If a region isn't selected when multiple templates are scheduled, the software selects a random region.
When a sequence region is selected, the template plays until the content in that region is finished, which triggers the next scheduled template.
Assume several templates are scheduled. For the first template, Template 1 ("Main” in the above example) is selected as the sequence region, which has several pieces of scheduled content. Regardless of the amount or length of content scheduled to play in the other regions, Template 1 plays until its content has played to completion, which triggers Template 2 to play. Similarly, Template 2 plays for as long as it takes for the content in its designated sequence region to play, and so forth.