Getting started with digital signage
Follow these steps to request and purchase digital signage:
- Get your sign approved by the University Architect’s Office. To start the process, fill out a Facilities Request For Services.
- Address any building code and/or ADA issues. After the University Architect’s Office approves your request, purchase hardware. Typical hardware includes a a flat screen computer display and a small form factor PC, but smart TVs and tablet PCs are also possible*.
- Request a software license while these processes are moving forward, or if you already have existing signs*.
*Due to the ever evolving options in hardware we are not able to recommend specific brands or models for your sign.
What you need to know
If you request an interactive digital sign, please be aware that Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) approach and reach range limits will apply.
The sign provided will be a shared responsibility of:
- The University Architect’s Office (UAO): The University Architect’s Office is responsible for hardware specification, mounting, design, and installation. UAO ensures an appropriate, accessible route to the unit and to enable user’s placement of content at a portion of the screen to be located at or below 48” AFF.
- Four Winds Interactive: As the software provider for campus digital signage, Four Winds Interactive is responsible for customizing software and interface elements relative to the user’s needs.
- Your group and/or requesting department: As your sign’s content manipulator, you are responsible for providing interactive points within accessible reach limits (at or below 48” AFF) using the software provided to ensure user accessibility.
Publisher resources, software connection guide, training materials and other resources are available on Digital Signage Documentation site.
Keep in touch with us
We highly recommend signage managers subscribe to updates and important announcements about the Digital Signage Project.
For more information or support related to IU’s Digital Signage Project or hardware options, contact email@example.com.