Video content type in Content Manager Web
In Content Manager Web, use the Video content type to play videos on your digital sign.
- Navigate to your repository in Content Manager Web. Click or, alternatively, right-click the repository and select .
- In the "Properties" window, give the video content a descriptive name.
- Determine a recurrence, if desired.
- Enter a duration.
Considerations for video durations:
- Video durations do not follow the normal duration rules.
- Every video file has its own duration, which is the length of the video.
- To ensure the video plays in its entirety, uncheck .
- Unlike other content items, when a duration is assigned to a video content item, the video plays for the exact amount of time specified in the "Duration" field, potentially cutting off the video.
- To set a video to repeat, uncheck and check .
- Enter the location or URL of the video file.
- Ensure that the caching behavior is correct.
- To loop the video, use the option and select the frequency.
- Under "Video player", select the type of video player from the drop-down menu.
Some guidelines for a video are as follows:
- Format: mp4, h.264
- Frame rate: 30 frames/second
- Refresh rate: TV 60 H
- Click and save.