Create a PDF content type in Content Manager Web
To display multi-page documents, or as an alternative to displaying Microsoft Word documents, you can display a PDF on a digital sign. The PDF content type is particularly useful because it allows you to specify a page duration, enabling you to set the length of time that each page of the PDF is displayed before moving on to the next content.
To display a PDF on a digital sign:
- Navigate to your repository in Content Manager Web.
- In the "PDF Properties" box, give the content type a descriptive name.
- Select the recurrence and duration for your content.
- Enter the location of the URL.
- Ensure that the caching behavior is correct. For PDFs, the recommended selection is .
- If you have a PDF with multiple pages and you want to specify how long each page displays, check
Content duration and page duration interact as follows:
- If is not checked, the PDF will only play the first page.
- If is checked and is not checked, all pages will play, along with other content that is in the region.
- If is checked and you've entered a page duration, all pages of the PDF will play, based on the time indicated for the page duration.
- Click .