Use the PowerPoint content type to convert presentations to static images of slides, or play the presentation.
Note: Alternatively, you can export your presentation as a video and use the video content type. This avoids installing PowerPoint on the machine.
Navigate to your folder in the Content Library and right click. Select Create Content in this Category '[folder name]' >> PowerPoint....
The Properties window will open. Give the content a descriptive Name.
Set the Recurrence and Duration.
Uncheck the Duration box to play the presentation and advance to the next content.
Set a specific Duration to play the presentation for the exact amount of time, and then switch to the next scheduled content (not recommended).
In the URL field, find and select the Power Point file.
If you want the presentation to run on a loop, check the box for Loop Content.
Ensure that the Deployment Behavior is correct.
Under PowerPoint player to use, select how the slideshow will be displayed:
- Simple Slide Show (Recommended): This is the default setting. The software automatically converts the presentation into one static image per slide. PowerPoint does not need to be installed on the content player machine. By default, this settingstill retains the following functionality:
- Slide Durations if previously defined
- Shapes, including fill and outline
- Text Boxes, including fill and outline
- PowerPoint: This selection runs the presentation in the PowerPoint format. Running it as a PowerPoint presentation keeps some of the features that are not included in the Simple Slideshow option, such as animation or transitions. Each content player machine must have PowerPoint installed.
- Internet Explorer: This option plays the presentation inside an Internet Explorer window and is used when the other two options do not work. Each content player must have PowerPoint installed.