Use the Live TV content type to stream television to a digital sign.
Live TV content type
Navigate to your folder in the Content Library and right click. Select Create Content in this Category '[folder name]' >> Live TV....
The Properties window will open. Give the content a descriptive Name.
Select a Tuner Type from the drop-down menu:
- Hauppauge HVR-950Q
- Hauppauge Colossus
- Hauppauge HDPVR2
- Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro/Shuttle
- Hauppauge HVR-955Q
Select a Video Input type:
- HDMI – standard input for digital signs
- ATSC – Digital television (over the air) using coax / antenna
- Component – Input type to use with the HDPVR2 tuner
- Digital Cable – physical channel and virtual channel.
- S-Video – SD video connection.
- NTSC (Analog TV) – standard analog TV over coax.
- Composite –
Enter numbers for the following formats:
Physical Channel (RF) – Use this with ATSC Digital Cable
Channel (VC) – Virtual Channel. Use with Digital Cable video input.
Sub Channel – Service ID for the Physical Channel
Check boxes for Closed captioning and Mute audio as desired.
In the Size mode drop-down menu, select either Maximize but maintain aspect ratio or Stretch to completely fill window.
Click OK and save.