Layout Editor in Content Manager Web
Use the Layout Editor to change the display of the dynamic data fields in the Live Data, Weather, and Date/Time content types:
- Right-click the content type and select Note:To easily preview your template, edit layouts for assets already assigned to a template.
. You can also edit the properties of your content type and click the ellipsis button to the right of the "Layout" field.
- The "Layout" window opens.
Zoom in and out of the Layout Editor by clicking the plus () or minus ( ) magnifying icons.
The "Data Fields" section contains gray fields. These are static fields that allow you to include custom content with any dynamic data.
to enable common value row sorting.
- Under the "Data Fields" section is the Free Form layout. This is where you add the data fields to your content type. Free Form layout has two types of bands:
- Title Band: Useful for a header or a title.
- Row Band: Where most fields go in the layout.
Click and drag data fields into the layout area. To resize fields, hover the mouse over the resize handles, and click and drag to the size you want.
- To move a field, click and drag it to the new location. You can also position by X/Y coordinate by right-clicking and selecting
- Below the layout area is the area for layout dimensions. If your content is assigned to a region in a template, the size of the row will determine how many articles in the feed will fit in that region. From there, you can resize the row height and width to change the number of articles as desired. For precise positioning and sizing of data fields, click the tab and enter the X/Y coordinates, width, and height.
- To change the format for a specific data field, use the data field inspector located to the right of the "Layout Dimensions/Field Properties" section.
- Modify the front-to-back relationship of any fields by clicking the first two smaller icons on the bottom. To further modify the selected field in this box, click the third small icon (wrench). You'll see a pop-up window with more parameters such as text format, background location, and formatting that provide an abundance of styling options.
- Add fields and resize until you have your desired layout. Click and .