Install Content Player
If you are installing updated software to an existing 5.1 Content Player machine, you should fully uninstall the current software. Additionally, you should purge some files and folders before re-installation.
In the Windows search, type
%fwi%; this opens the
Fourwinds folder in the
documents > public folder. Delete the
four winds interactive folder. Do the same for
%programdata%; you won't need to navigate up one folder in this instance.
- Ensure that you have the invite code. The invite code will be emailed to you from the Digital Signage administrators after you complete the software request form. The email message will also include connection properties strings (credentials) with a more secure method.
Double-click the installer. The default value for Install Content Player for yourself, or for anyone who uses this computer should be.
- In the "Confirm Installation" dialog box, click Note:If administrator authentication is required, contact your IT support person to enter their credentials and authenticate the installation.
When you see the "Installation Complete" dialog, click.
to start the installation.
- Two applications are installed. The Content Player is the normal application for displaying content on your digital sign. Content Player Configuration is for player-specific settings such as ticker speed and power options.
Launch the Content Player Configuration app. As soon as it opens, you will be asked for the invite code; alternatively, you can enter the invite code in thetab. After entering the invite code, the "Configuration" dialog opens.
- Click the tab.
- Enter the deployment ID received from the Digital Signage administrators.
- Check .
- Click the down arrow to the left of "Connection Properties". Make sure "Protocol" is set to .
- Enter the hostname, username, and password received from the Digital Signage administrators.
- The following options are now available only to Digital Signage administrators:
- Upload Logs
- Upload Status
- Upload Screenshots
- In the tab, confirm that the player is licensed. Your player is ready.