Requesting your sign and software is only one step in the process of getting on-campus digital signage for your unit. Please note: In most cases, the physical installation of digital signage should be done with assistance from Capital Projects.Learn about all the steps
In order to effectively process your request, please be prepared to provide accurate answers to the following questions and refrain from entering any temporary or “placeholder” information.
Please note: This request must be approved by your fiscal officer. If you are not 100% certain, please do not proceed. You are also responsible for contacting your workstation support or IT Pro to request assistance with software installation. IT professionals can contact us for software installation support by emailing email@example.com. More detailed technical information for IT Pros can be found in the 'Admin' section of our documentation.
Campus - e.g., IU Bloomington, IUPUI, IU Kokomo
Building Name and Address - The building name and address where your digital sign will be displayed
Player Location Floor/Level - e.g. First Floor, Atrium, Basement
Building Code - Find your building code
School/Organization - e.g. School of Education, Student Ethics Office
Responsibility Center (RC) Code - Obtain this code from your Fiscal Officer.
Computer Name(s) - Enter the computer name or unique identifier (e.g. hardware tag) of your digital signage machine(s) you wish to register. Please avoid using a temporary names. Every digital sign has a unique "Deployment ID' which is used to connect the PC to the signage network as well as being used as the ID for billing. For tracking purposes, the unique identifier you provide will be used for generating each Deployment ID.
Signage Manager, Marketing Director, Fiscal Officer Contact Information -The signage manager is the person who will be the main system administrator of the digital signage. The Fiscal Officer is responsible for the Memo of Understanding. Submit the following for each contact:
- Email Address
IT Pro or Support Entity - Provide the name of an IT Pro or the entity which provides your workstation support.
IU Account Number - The billing account for your signs.
Special Instructions - If needed, enter any extra instructions regarding sign setup.
You must agree to the Memo of Understanding to complete the form.
Each digital signage player requires a $160 per fiscal year administration fee that is collected to offset the enterprise licensing agreement with Four Winds Interactive.
• All Digital Signage hardware must be approved by campus facilities and all designs must follow university-wide branding guidelines.
• There are no restrictions on internal university related advertising.
• Any external advertising has to be approved by both VPCM and IU Purchasing.
• Client must agree to deploy a limited amount of campus-specific or university-wide campaign content when requested by digital signage administrators.
• Client must agree to allow emergency messages/warnings to be displayed on thier signs.
The annual fee does include the following:
• Software Licensing procurement
• Overall administration of university-wide system
• Establishing accounts for each player
• Ongoing support for digital sign managers and IU IT Pros
The annual fee does not include the following:
• Design or programming templates for distribution
• Deployment of content for sign managers/publishers
• Support of physical hardware
Signs with more than a year of inactivity may be subject to removal from the system. Digital signage administrators reference system logs to measure activity and determine which signs should be billed for the next fiscal cycle.
If you are ready to begin, click the button below.Fill out the request form